Chris was a founding partner for on-ice instruction, with Thrive Hockey 16 years ago, and recently ran Skillz Training Centers in Calgary for 10 years. In his 4 seasons playing in the NCAA, he made three consecutive Frozen Four appearances, won a NCAA National Championship, and served as team captain. Since that time he has been a coach, development instructor, and coach mentor. As an Associate Coach with the Okotoks Oilers (AJHL) he helped lead the franchise to its first Division Championship. During his time there, 40 players received NCAA and CIS scholarships and 4 were drafted to the NHL. He has also been the coach mentor to over 300 minor hockey teams in the last 10 years ranging from Initiation to Midget. He also runs development sessions for players ranging from initiation to the NHL.
- RDC Queens Head Coach 2015-2022
- Coach AJHL & Midget AAA (Grand Prairie)
- 3rd year Thrive Hockey Instructor/Red Deer Rustlers team coach
- RDC Kinesiology & Sports Studies Instructor
- Hockey Canada HP1/Advanced Level 1/Speak Out/Checking
- Thrive School Instructor 2016-present
Glen started his hockey career in the WHL at the age of 14 with the Seattle Thunderbirds. He played six seasons with the TBirds and was drafted by the Detroit Red Wings. He went on to play 17 seasons in the DEL German Elite league. He has taught at various hockey schools for over ten years and enjoys coaching at the minor hockey level. Glen coached the Red Deer Bantam AAA Black team during the 2013/2014 winter season. Thrive Hockey instructor from 2011 until 2017.
• Played Junior Hockey in the SJHL (Kindersley Klippers) and Midget AAA in Saskatchewan
• Thrive Hockey Instructor 2011 to 2014, 2017
• Assistant Principal Lacombe Composite High School (Bachelor of Physical Education, Bachelor of Education, Master's of Science in Education)
• Canadian Certified Athletic Director
• Player WHL/CIS/ and European professional
• Thrive Hockey Instructor 2016 and 2017
• Masters in Education. Teacher Wolf creek School division
Caitlynn Stone - Dryland Instructor
I have been an ACE Certified Personal Trainer since 2013. I obtained my education through Elevated Learning Academy in Calgary and upon my graduation I was lucky enough to land a job at a local personal training studio here in Red Deer. For 8 years I worked with many different athletic levels, my favorite being sports teams and rehabilitation clients. Fun fact about me, for 16years I competed as a provincially ranked gymnast and played soccer for 10years. I also coached gymnastics for 5 of those 16years. In my spare time I keep myself busy and active through working out or doing aerial silks. I absolutely love coaching and can not wait to work with all these amazing teams!